Section: Other freelance job vacancies
Specialization: Managing Editor, Director of Web Content
Available till: 2007-06-20
Wages: commensurate with experience
The Human Capital Institute is rapidly-growing professional association with 80,000 members. The majority of HCI's activities are conducted online, and the Managing Editor, Director of Web Content is a critical role, responsible for evolving HCI's website to Web 2-3.0 functionality and expanding dynamic content for improved member attraction and engagement.
This leader will manage the HCI knowledgebase, write, source and edit web content, optimize user experience and facilitate rapid community building. The ideal candidate will be be highly skilled at understanding business portals, Web 2.0 functionalities, growing traffic and building communities on the Web.
• Find and engage new, exciting authors in business strategy and human capital management
• Encourage distingushed HCI members to contribute content
• Work with HCI researchers to identify great 3rd party content on the Web
• Edit, update and publish dynamic, daily content across multiple portals
• Integrate Groups, Blogs, Wikis, Video, Podcasts and other new media
• Employ viral and grassroots marketing to build strong communities of interest
• Employ traffic, membership, engagement and conversion rate metrics to manage results
• Identify and champion new, state of the art Web 2-3.0 ideas and functionality.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven track record of online content development, management and community building
• Excellent communications skills (writing, editing, and graphics)
• Knowledge of collaboration methodologies and practices (e.g., web 2.0 social networks, wikipedias, groups, forums)
• Strong understanding of user experience, usability and factors that influence user behavior on the web.
• Experience using site tracking tools, and ability to manage and analyze data and site trends.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Strong project management skills with a high degree of attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving.
Please submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com