Article Source: EzineArticles.com
We've heard numerous success stories of Internet entrepreneurs like Jeff
Bezos, who started Amazon.com from his garage, using cheap plywood to construct
desks. There are scores of others and they never fail to make new entrepreneurs
feel a little overwhelmed or dare I say, jealous. Well not every business has
the moneymaking potential of some of these successful businesses but it's no
reason for you not to have a profitable business of your own. After you read
this article you'll never have to ask again, "I'm barely making ends meet. How
can I start a business? "
Unfortunately, the bills don't stop coming in just because you've decided to
start a business. In fact, they seem to increase exponentially. Your success, as
budget-conscious entrepreneur, will depend on thinking and planning smart.
Below are 10 ways to start business for less than $500. You may have to make
some sacrifices but that's what small business is all about, at least at first.
- If you don't already own a computer, purchase a used or refurbished
computer. With computer prices dropping everyday(new computers are starting at
around $500), you can easily obtain an affordable, and fairly up-to-date
computer for less than $200. If that's still more than you'd like to spend,
remember you can always check out what local agencies offer free computer use.
Start with your local library!
- For a professional web site, use a template before hiring a professional.
Templates can start at as little as $25 a piece. You can always hire
customized design services once you grow.
- Use business document templates to provide professional invoices, letters,
and contracts that you can easily customize.
- Submit articles like this one to various e-zines for free traffic.
- Operating solely on the Internet is the best way to dramatically reduce
startup costs. You can find affordable and feature packed hosting for less
than $10 a month. And custom domain names can be registered for under $10 per
- Offer your expertise on various web site forums for free self-promotion.
Make sure you adhere to the submission rules of each site.
- Submit free press releases regarding your new business on http://prweb.com
- Starting a service business means you don't have to invest in any initial
- Start a small pay-per-click campaign for under $200 to test your offer and
bring in initial traffic.
- If you have a retail business, make the initial orders on-demand, meaning
you don't buy any inventory until someone makes the purchase. Make sure you
include the added time frame when you estimate the expected delivery date for
The idea is to keep thinking creatively about how you will invest your
dollars so you can avoid spending too much in any one area before your business
has proven itself. You can redevelop your budget as you go along and feel
relatively secure doing so. You never know, you could be the next big success